“Franklin Eyewear has been a great addition to our front store. Customers love the quality and price of the Eyeglasses, and Al is extremely knowledgeable and will get you everything you need to start selling glasses. From counter displays to full floor models, they have everything you need. It always nice to walk by Franklin Eyewear at a trade show or conference because Al always remembers his customers and makes a point to say hello. We highly recommend Franklin Eyewear – I wish all our vendors were this great!” – Alex Doyle, Conley’s Drug Store, Gloucester, Mass.
Sunglasses and Readers are pre-priced at $6.99 and sun readers are pre-priced at $9.99 – these prices make the products competitive, so there is no need to price lower.
Buying Tip: Grab the one-time free rack with your opening order of $540 for sunglasses (120 pairs at $3.50 each — regular price $6.99 and 24 pairs at $5 each — regular price $9.99) or $504 for reading glasses (144 pairs at $3.50 each — regular price $6.99). Prices subject to change. Both deals include a free display and free shipping.
To receive free shipping and maintain a 50 percent profit margin, mix and match your reorder to include at least 4 dozen pairs of glasses. Place a note in your storage area on how to often reorder glasses through the Front-End Marketplace.
Special Product Note: Franklin Eyewear offers a unique item for smartphone users! The sunglasses rack includes one panel of sun readers. The sun readers have a built-in bifocal: part of the lens is a tinted reader and the other is tinted sunglass. The bifocal makes it easy to read smartphones in the sun!
The sunglasses rack is divided into four sides displaying different styles. It’s important to maintain this method of merchandising. The four styles each have a color-coded tag: green for sports styles, purple for trendy styles, pink for ladies’ fashion, and rainbow for sun-readers. The rack is 66” high and only 14” square, and, of course, needs to be placed in a high-profile location and within view of an employee (such as an employee staffing the register) to help prevent theft. The rack has storage; consider reordering glasses when the storage area is empty or when no more than 20 percent of the pegs on the rack are empty.
To help keep the reader rack organized, arrange glasses color-coded by strength. Watch for quick out-of-stocks; unlike sunglasses, you will find individuals purchase multiple pairs of readers: one for the car, home, office, etc.
Here are a few general tips to maintain your sunglasses and/or reader racks:
• Assign a staff member to maintain the rack’s appearance and inventory regularly.
• Avoid the “picked over” look by moving glasses to the top of the rack.
• Have at least two easy-to-find mirrors either on or near the display.
• Reorder before the hangers are 20 percent empty.
• Recognize ugly when you see it. Save slower moving sunglasses for a Halloween sale and keep your display updated with the latest styles.
• When possible, position the sunglasses display near the sun care products and display a clip strip of lip balm near the rack.
• ADD A SIGN! Example: “Keep your eyes healthy! Protect them from harmful UV rays.”
• Make note of styles that are selling well; are you selling more colorful, sport-themed glasses or classic black frame sunglasses? More women’s or men’s styles? Reorder accordingly.
Purchase your Franklin Eyewear by going through FrontendMarketplace.com!
Depending on your browser the PDF file will either download automatically once you click the link or ask you to save the file to your computer.